I shall be creating the Twelve linkshell in the beta phase 3 so all members with beta accounts should contact me at the time. Hopfully as many more keys are to be given out between now and then more of you will gain access.
This is what Square posted on the tester site:
Thank you for your continued participation in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test.
Phase 2 of beta testing will come to a close at 0:00 (GMT) on Thursday, August 5th, with phase 3 (Beta 3) scheduled to begin mid-August.
In Beta 3, we will be adding new classes, new features such as linkshells, and a host of other adjustments and changes based on the feedback we've received thus far. The following is just a selection of what's in store for the next phase of testing.
- Significant adjustments to mouse controls
- Changes to the item menu display and controls for equipping gear
- The implementation of the following features:
- Text commands
- Auto-complete/auto-translation dictionary
- Player macros
- Local levequests will once again be available- A sound effect and on-screen message will accompany the completion of a quest
- Completed quests will be recorded in the quest journal
- Changes to animations, effects, and combat speed- Passive /Active mode will be toggled automatically when speaking to an NPC or locking on to a monster
- Players will be able to select either a single target or an area effect when casting spells
- Adjustments to balance guildleve rewards versus monster strength
- Various adjustments to overall battle balance
Full details will be announced in the Version Update Details section of the Beta Test Site on the day Beta 3 commences. Related updates to the manual will also be posted on the Beta Test Site.
We look forward to your continuing feedback and support.
NOTE: All character data will be deleted at the end of Beta 2.
All character profiles, images, and blogs on the Players' Site will also be deleted at this time.
Testers can continue to provide feedback on the Beta.
07/31/10 04:16 AM FINAL FANTASY XIV Emergency Maintenance (Jul. 31)
Starting on Jul. 31, 2010 from 06:00 to 08:00 (GMT), we will be performing emergency maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.
* The Beta Test Site will still be available.